The Charity Trust Funds have been at the centre of the Paviors Company’s activities for many years. The main sources of income come through regular donations from the members of the Company, and through investments held in the Company’s name.
There are four separate Trusts: the Charity Fund; the Chair of Highway Engineering Educational Trust; The Livery Trust for Charities; and the Sir Harry Percy Sheppard Trust.
As with other Livery companies, the Company supports City-related charities and its Military Affiliates. Thereafter it aims to split its donations equally between construction industry related charities and education relevant to the craft of paving, including awards for excellence.
Regular recipients are listed below.
- City related
- Lord Mayor's Appeal
- Masters' Nominated Charity (funded from separate fund-raising)
- Guildhall Library
- St Pauls Cathedral
- St Martins within Ludgate
- Sheriffs & Recorders Fund
- Military Affiliates
- RAF 29(R) Squadron
- Third Battalion Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment
- HMS Argyll
- Construction Industry related
- Other Awards
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama